The definitive solution to fight against counterfeiting
How it works ?
- Launch the VaultNFC application on the mobile phone
- Approach the phone close to the tag (a VaultIC150), the tag is automatically detected by the application:
- An authentication based on ECDSA is performed between the phone and the tag
- The tag’s certificate is retrieved from the tag
- If the previous authentication is successful, the VaultNFC application is contacting a trusted database using a SSL connection. Information (image…) and root certificate are retrieved from this database:
- The root certificate is used to verify the validity of the tag’s certificate
- An image linked to the product is displayed
- At the end of the process, the VaultNFC application is showing a message to the user, to inform him whether the global authentication was successful or not.
- All the information about the protected product can be viewed by clicking on the image being displayed.
The solution provides:
- A fast and easy way to verify the authenticity of a product
- A cost effective solution, easy to use, to customize thus enabling a fast deployment
- A solution not altering the product itself unlike other existing solutions
The solution is based on:
- A Public Key Infrastructure, PKI
- The same level of hardware security used in banking cards and electronic passports
- A very efficient cryptography, the ECC, Elliptic Curves Cryptography
- FIPS certification, thus it reaches the highest security standard in the USA
The solution is composed of:
- A secure tag (secure microcontroller) which can have different antennas and different package form factors to address several markets.
- A NFC phone with the VaultNFC application. The phone acts as a reader and can be use directly by the customer
- Secure database where we can store information on the product and the tag
- Takes advantage of the fast and large adoption of the NFC standard, thus it can leverage on the existing infrastructure
- Fully trusted solution using advanced cryptography standard like ECDSA enabling Inside Secure to provide a low cost solution compare to solution using RSA cryptography